Charolais Females sell to Rancho Los Pinos
POSTED May 14, 2013
Sale of Excellence
POSTED May 07, 2013
Charolais Bulls sell World wide
POSTED May 06, 2013
Buy Charolais Bull Semen from this fine high selling Charolais Bull.
POSTED Apr 17, 2013
“2013” DEBRUYCKER CHAROLAIS BULL SALE RESULTS
POSTED Apr 08, 2013
Take a look through the quality of DeBruycker Charolais herd sires. Below are a sampling of some of the high quality herd sires DeBruyckers are using.
POSTED Mar 17, 2013
Visit Western Livestock Auction Saturday April 6 for a selection of the highest quality Chraolais bulls for sale for your herd. Or, tune in online with Superior Livestock Auctions. Read here for more details.
POSTED Mar 08, 2013
The DeBruycker annual bull sale is happening on April 6th. This time of year, many breeders are marketing their bulls the best way they know how, but as a buyer, what should you be looking for?
POSTED Mar 04, 2013
1 2 3 4 5 ...
If you’re like DeBruycker Charolais, you appreciate quality, assurance and recognition for well-bred stock. Especially during county fair time when the validation comes in the form of a trophy at the end of market steer class and the livestock judge announces your project, “Grand Champion!”
With Brigem Dahl at the helm, a DeBruycker Charolais steer received Grand Champion market beef honors at Montana Musselshell County 4-H Fair(July 21, 2012).
Brigem Dahl takes a DeBruycker Charolais steer and wins Grand Champion!
What Makes a Champion?
My fascination for the Charolais breed came during my own livestock judging years as a 4-H youth in western Nebraska. I learned earlier to think like a judge and determine the order of the class based on what kind of characteristics of breeding or market stock a well-trained eye would look at in the show ring.
• Look for well-muscled animals with strong feet and legs portioned to carry its weight.
• Wide muzzle with a strong jaw placement
• Eyes set reasonably wide apart and big ears
• Strong muscular neck and proud looking head
• Long and level back without dips behind the shoulder
• Minimum amount of brisket in the forequarter
• Good wide plates over the hindquarters; depth of second thigh and should be well rounded
• Feminine appearance and not heavily muscled.
• A longer, rather than boxy-type head
• Level back and like the bull, minimum brisket in forequarter
• A well-elevated tail for easier calving
• Strong flat-boned legs and sound feet
• Udder for good capacity with well-formed teats for offspring production
You Be The Judge!
Below is a list of Charolais breed shows throughout the United States in August. If you’re in Montana, stop by Montana Fair in Billings and see how you and the livestock judge see “eye to eye”!
August 9 — Indiana State Fair Open Charolais Show, Indianapolis, Ind.
August 10 — Illinois State Fair Charolais Show, Springfield, Ill.
August 12 — Missouri State Fair Class A ROE Show, Sedalia, Mo.
August 18 — Iowa State Fair Charolais Show, Des Moines, Iowa.
August 26 — New York State Fair Charolais Show, Syracuse, N.Y.
August 29 — Nebraska State Fair Charolais Show, Grand Island, Neb.
August 30 — South Dakota State Fair Charolais Show, Huron, S.D.
Why not signup for our Free Charolais newsletter ?
Lloyd & Jane406-476-3427406-788-2971
Brett & Kay406-476-3214406-590-3214
Mark & Belva406-469-2371406-590-0355
Joe & Cathy406-466-5821406-788-5821
1690 6th Lane NEDuttonMT 59433
©2010-2013 DeBruycker Charolais